Saturday, January 2, 2010

How I met my husband...I followed an instinct one-year earlier

The reason I’m doing this

blog is because whenever I listen to my internal voice, some call it wisdom or inspiration,

and act accordingly, my life is better than imaginable.

One of many examples is the following: Sometime in early

2005 I was sitting in meditation and heard that voice of

wisdom urge me to go to a cafe that I had heard about

before, but had never been to. Ok, fine I’ll go; seems

harmless enough. I went there that very day, when

apparently they were near closing, and there were no

other customers. Nonetheless, I felt drawn to

stay since again, something so

compelled me to go.

I sat down with my

laptop and began working on a project.

Then shortly after, the owner came up and we talked about art, amongst other

things. When he found out I was an artist he asked to

see my work. I just so happened to have some images on

my computer, so I showed him those. He immideately

asked if I wanted to have a show there, and I said “Sure,”

and “Thank you!” Fast forward several months later, I

had my show, and I don’t want to brag but it was

very successful. But wait, we’re

not done yet. Fast forward maybe about 6 months after the

show: It is January 18, 2006, and I go there one

afternoon for lunch with a bunch of

co-workers, and lo and behold our server is this really cute

guy who later becomes my husband. Exactly two years

from that meeting we had our rehearsal dinner at this

very cafe…and now, as I approach our two-year anniversary

I honor this idea of shutting up long enough to listen and

then to act, with the idea that

maybe just maybe, our internal life has more in store for

us than we may think, and that the seemingly innocent

ideas generated in silence

like “hey, go try this cafe” actually lead you beyond

your wildest dreams, all the way, to your bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment