Sunday, January 10, 2010

An old poem rediscovered...kinda fun

to see where I was and where I am today. This is probably about

8 years old. I found it while cleaning out some files.

Even though this isn’t information gleaned while in

meditation, I think I’d like to post it to show an

earlier part of my journey. At this

point in my life, I still grappled with the highs and lows

of life in a way that I don’t today.

Ok here it is:

I AM NOT

the mess I see around me

the frustration that from all over hits me

the moments, they subside

to free me of these turbulent tides

I AM NOT any emotion

so frustration and jubilation are not me

I am not to attach to any

but feel ALL wholly

If I attach to jolly times

I’m doomed to feel the folly crimes

that inevitably wait till I can’t see

their inappropriate chimes

I am feeling sick and tired of falling

for these same old troubled lines

The same sick punch-line rhymes

I say each time it’ll be my last

Now I say nothing

And allow it all to pass

I will feel worse again

worse worse worse

It’s a truth I hate to face

hence my attachment to pleasant tastes

So to heal all this I have to say,

Hey, they will all come back one day

I live on earth which goes around this way

But I came from heaven

whose ways stay above and calm for days

My awareness of this will leave again

As I’ve finally succumbed to understand

I am not enlightened this time

I will again fall

be tempted by it all

But I AM NOT any of this escapade

A mocking, biting, cruel and rude charade

A game I’m not in

but playing all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment