Monday, January 4, 2010

Sometimes we are told to s l o w d o w n

Nothing too exciting to report, but it isn’t always about being exciting, right?

While in meditation the last few days, I have received the very strong sense of resting and not going out. It is very appropriate to mention that I have been nursing a scratchy throat and sniffles for the last few days.

So, I acted accordingly and cancelled my plans for the weekend, only doing a brief dinner outing on Saturday night, which I meditated on and got “clearance” on to go. This discipline of rest and saying “no” to plans is all paying off because today I feel almost 100%.

LESSON LEARNED: Listening to the body when it needs to rest and honoring that need by cancelling plans and watching the mind fight you on the perceived fun which you may be missing is not terribly interesting, but it is terribly essential to well-being and fun in future days.

That and soup, EmergenC, and Throat Coat tea also rock!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment